Edmodo is the leading platform for connecting students and teachers with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. We’re helping to change lives one student at a time, and even with over 90 million members across 150 countries, we have only just begun.
To create a world “class” user experience, we’re looking for an awesome Product Designer. You’ll work with our collaborative team, interview users, and help to create a brilliant product strategy. You’ll then craft pixel-perfect designs that sparkle and bring a delightful experience to life. Along the way you’ll have some fun, and earn a nice paycheck with options and generous perks.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather customer motivations, pains and behaviors to solve complex interaction problems.
- Design rapidly and iteratively on initial concepts, wireframes, and user flows, informed by user research, trends, and your best ideas.
- Clearly communicate your findings and design rationales.
- Develop prototypes and detailed specs to effectively communicate to partner Product Management and Engineering teams.
- Design for both mobile and web products.
- Work in a fast-paced environment, with short feedback loops.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- 5+ years of relevant design experience
- A track record of creating beautiful and valuable products across a variety of platforms, including mobile and web.
- Expertise in user-centered design methodologies.
- Familiarity with conducting user research.
- A highly refined aesthetic sensibility.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while working with multiple teams in a highly collaborative environment.
- Experience working in an agile development process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.