Who We Are
Edmodo is a platform for lifelong learning with over 100M+ registered users and 400k+ schools in 192 countries. We provide flexible digital spaces for teachers to engage 21st century learners in a meaningful classroom community.
We’re a company of people who know what education makes possible. By creating technology for classrooms across the world, we’re making learning better, smarter, and easier than ever before. And with over 700 million resources shared, teachers, students and parents can find anything they need to help inspire the next generation of doers, makers, and leaders.
Edmodo has been a top community for teachers and students for over a decade. As distance learning solutions become a necessity for schools, Edmodo has seen an explosion in growth and a critical demand for large-scale deployments of our technology across school districts and entire countries.
We’re looking for an in-house Senior Counsel to report directly to our General Counsel, and work closely alongside our CFO and Revenue teams. The ideal candidate will be able to draft and negotiate complex contracts and will appreciate being a critical part of the operations in a fast-growing, market-defining space.
What You Will Do
As Senior Counsel, you will:
- Draft, analyze, negotiate and complete complex commercial transactions with the company’s enterprise customers and strategic partners;
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams especially Sales, Finance, Business Development and Marketing;
- Draft, analyze and negotiate other commercial agreements, such as supply chain, distribution, sourcing, technology licensing, and marketing agreements and other matters;
- Build and enhance standard form agreements to streamline the company’s contracting process and operations so that the company can scale;
- Prepare, draft, review, and manage government investigations and responses;
- Advise, train and develop strategies for data privacy best practices across the organization;
- Opportunities to contribute in other areas such as in privacy, intellectual property, and general corporate matters.
What You Have
- 7-10 years transactional experience negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements and drafting associated language and terms;
- Experience handling legal issues arising in complex business transactions
- Familiarity with SaaS, software, IoT, AI, Big Data, or strong ability to learn new areas
- Demonstrated success working in a high-performing, results-driven environment
- At least 3 years working in an in-house capacity
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong academic credentials and oral and written communication skills
- Membership in the California Bar (in good standing) or eligibility to register as Registered In-House Counsel.
Why Edmodo?Because of our Mission
We work to connect all learners with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. Over the last twelve years as the classroom itself has become so much more than a physical space, we’ve developed some amazing technology that teachers love and depend on. But we know we have so much more to do and we’re always looking ahead to how we can improve the learning outcomes of entire communities.And our Values
We believe EdTech has the power to improve education and enrich the lives of everyone in the education community, no matter where they might live, work, or play. We put the needs of teachers and learners first in everything we build and do.
- We Listen: to our users, to our data, and to each other
- We Learn: by being open-minded, asking questions, and continuously improving
- We Level Set: by sharing information, working towards alignment, and by seeking different perspectives
- We Lead: by holding ourselves accountable, owning our actions, finding solutions and moving onward
We’re based in the Bay Area, but plan to stay remote for the foreseeable future, and have a largely distributed team. We’re open to applicants from across all timezones.