Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders in Growth, Marketing and Product to understand data and make decisions
- Develop standardized dashboards and ad hoc reports to inform decision making
- Validate data and ensure that we make accurate decisions
- Design ETLs and data warehouse for efficiency and reusability
- Oversees the design and structure of all intermediate computations
- Develops and oversees standard methods for combining multiple data streams, even when the data is incomplete or two streams conflict with each other
- Peer reviewing the designs and work of other analysts
- Mentoring junior analysts
- Creating a culture of best practices and quality
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Masters in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or other quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- Comfortable with experimental design
- Knowledge of statistics
- SQL skills
- Extremely attentive to detail, data accuracy, and quality of output
- Pythons Skill
- Experience with a columnar DB, Redshift preferred
- Experience with MySQL
- Machine learning skills a plus
- 5+ years of experience
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.