UX Designer Developer, Growth
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
Growth is the lifeblood of any startup. As the UX Designer/ Developer for our Growth team, you will be designing and implementing the user experience directly responsible for Edmodo’s growth. In this role, you'll partner with product, engineering, data and marketing leads to help develop and execute on Edmodo’s growth projects. As a UX Designer/Developer, you'll be responsible for what you design from start to finish: brainstorming solutions, iterating on visuals and interactions, and finally implementing your designs in code yourself. Your design decisions are validated through A/B testing and user studies alike, as we value both data and empathy. Along the way you’ll help us learn and know that you are helping teachers and students reach their full potential.
- Top-to-bottom ownership of UI/UX of Growth projects
- Identify high-impact growth opportunities, design features in pursuit of goals, and explain the rationale for your decisions
- Design interactions for new features, applying existing design patterns and creating new ones, across our platforms
- Build what you design using HTML, CSS, JS/ JQuery, and other front end technologies
- Work quickly and effectively on multiple projects in short, agile, iterative design and development cycles
- Help grow Edmodo’s user base and business by optimizing funnels and virality loops.
We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive on ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve. We use a broad base of skill sets in our work, so if you just want to focus on the one thing you do well then this might not be the position for you.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, HCI or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum of 2+ years as a UI/UX Designer or equivalent (understanding of user flows, wire frames, mockups, generating assets for digital products)
- Awareness of modern visual design and UX best practices, with solid mobile-first design, and cross-browser responsive layout skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated visual design skill, especially in the construction of visual hierarchies, and attention to detail on typography, spacing, and color
- Ability to think at a high level about a complex, social product, and to clearly explain reasons for new features and changes
- Expertise with design tools such as Adobe CS, Sketch, Framer, InVision and prototyping tool, also skilled in creating 'lo-fi' prototypes to share with users in a fast, iterative manner
- Experience building clear, effective interactions using HTML, CSS, JS/JQuery to accomplish product or business goals
- Experience working in an agile, startup environment, ideally as an co-founder
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A strong team player, works well with cross functional teams
- Strong sense of ownership, desire to get things done
- Strong desire to help drive business impact
- A passion for changing lives through education
- A portfolio demonstrating relevant design capabilities is required
- Interest or experience in designing for Growth teams
- Familiarity with Lean Startup methodology
- Familiarity with usability testing
- Experience with AJAX, Rails, Python, or ReactJS
- Interest in using data and user research to inform design decisions
- Experience with A/B testing and Optimizely
- Experience with consumer social products, ads, education
- Experience designing native mobile apps (iOS, Android)
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.