Director of Marketing (Community Lead)
Create the most engaged community of educators on Edmodo
Edmodo, with over 100 million registered members, is the world’s largest social learning network where teachers, students and parents come to connect, share content, collaborate and learn more.
Edmodo is looking for a growth-minded, customer obsessed community director who will create, manage and test their way to a hyper active community on Edmodo that all teachers want to be a part of.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Create the vision, strategy and tactics for growing engagement in Edmodo’s education community.
- Set targets, apply community best practices and test new strategies to grow the Edmodo community.
- Recruit, onboard, and manage a team of community associates to nurture and grow the Edmodo community.
- Understand educator needs and trends and translate those into campaigns that will drive interest in Edmodo’s community.
- Work closely with a cross functional team including product, growth and marketing to execute on highly impactful programs and exceed our community’s needs.
- You will manage a team of full-time and part-time community associates to grow and increase engagement in the Edmodo community.
- You have a passion for changing lives through education
- You’ve built online social communities and you know how to seed and stimulate a community to both increase engagement and create a more valuable community for members.
- You are keenly analytical and able to use deep qualitative and quantitative research to drive community growth strategies, set up robust testing plans, and use the results to drive your next actions.
- You can set strategic priorities for a team amidst competing priorities and tight deadlines, and communicate this vision across the company.
- You are an internal and external thought leader for the role of community, and able to provide synthesized feedback to our teams on the needs of our community.
- You work collaboratively with all levels of employees and management..
- You like the challenge of working in a hands on, demanding start-up environment.
- You are a mature, self-motivated “go-getter” with a positive and professional attitude.
It's great, but not required, if you have:
- Teaching experience.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Bachelor's degree or higher.
- 7+ years experience in Marketing, Community or Growth areas.
We are looking for a candidate in the Bay Area, working mostly in our offices in San Mateo, California with occasional conference or school-visit trips.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to reach their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 100 million members across 450,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.