Edmodo gives teachers the tools to share engaging lessons, keep parents updated, and build a vibrant classroom community.
Over the last ten years as the classroom itself has evolved beyond just a physical space, we’ve developed some amazing technology that teachers love and depend on. But we know we have so much more to do and we’re always looking ahead to how we can improve the learning outcomes of entire communities.
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced UX Researcher to join our growing design and research team. You will be looked upon to uncover deep insights and partner with product designers, product managers, engineers and cross-functional roles to elevate the user experience for our teachers, students, parents and school admins who use our web and mobile products every day around the world.
You must be passionate about user research, an exceptional communicator and be comfortable scaling your work from identifying new product opportunities, validating product concepts to running usability tests after products have been launched. As one of the first researchers to join our team, you’ll have the opportunity to develop the user research practice and culture across our company.
Our team is a diverse group of designers and researchers that likes to have fun while making a difference. We relish the challenges and opportunities that come with building a top notch design team - people, process, culture and growth - and that’s why we need your help.
Some of the ways you’ll make an impact
- Design and conduct studies across key product areas, utilizing methods such as ethnographic/field research, diary studies, surveys, usability testing (remote and in-person), and any other methods you find impactful.
- Package insights into design tools and assets for the product managers and designers (i.e. personas, design principles, scenarios, frameworks, etc.).
- Collect, analyze, and present quantitative and/or qualitative data to generate actionable strategic and tactical recommendations that can improve the product experience for our users.
- Partner with our data analytics team to provide context for their insights.
- Find compelling ways to communicate insights, advocate for our users and cultivate an empathetic culture across the company.
- Adapt and innovate research practices to meet team needs under the tight timeframes of a rapidly growing company.
This role is a good fit if you have
- Lead research experience on projects that require qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Multi-year experience managing cross-functional projects that involve key stakeholders, product teams and cross-functional roles
- Experience working within an agile/lean product process
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong listening, analytical, and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for a team-oriented, collaborative, highly energetic, fun and fast-paced environment
- The drive and energy to create a user-first company culture
What you’ll need
- An undergraduate degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science, Cognitive Science or comparable UX research experience
- 3+ full years of experience working with product organizations, conducting qualitative and quantitative research studies, including usability tests, surveys, and user interviews
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.