Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Timely, accurate, professional support to users via ZenDesk or Communities.
- Handles most support queries of all levels with minimal oversight while appropriately escalating complex or sensitive issues
- Diagnoses and documents moderately complex technical issues in JIRA in a clear way that is comprehensible and actionable for engineering.
- Contributes to hiring decisions, and trains and supports teacher advocates.
- Understands and tracks user experience and clearly articulates user pain points, requests, and gathers user feedback from multiple sources and clearly communicates it to product and engineering in organized, data driven fashion that has a small to medium effect on product.
- Plays a role on support projects that may interface with other teams. Projects may have impact on product (e.g. case management)
- Can cover all responsibilities of a weekend shift (eg tickets, tech, safety) without supervision or escalation.
- Can demo, present, and engage users at conferences.
- Owns specific functions for support team (eg troubleshooting a feature, managing feedback, etc).
- Comfortable handling customer issues in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of a customer relationship management tool like Zendesk, Freshdesk, or similar ticketing system.
- Working knowledge of project management software such as JIRA.
- Ability to communicate complex, technical ideas in a way that others can easily understand.
- Working experiencing of customer support processes and best practices.
- Excellent ability to communicate using written language and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills and the ability to convey complex information and procedures in a way others can easily understand.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Experience or competency with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or similar querying language.
- Experience working for schools or education networks, classroom experience a major plus.
- Fluency in a foreign language.
- Video production skills.
- Experience managing a knowledge base.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-2 years experience supporting a SaaS product in a business-to-consumer model.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.