Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with stakeholders in Growth, Marketing and Product to understand data and make decisions
- Organize with our other analysts to ensure works is getting completed in a timely fashion
- Communicate data best practices to stakeholders
- Help stakeholders understand the best way to integrate data into their workflows
- Mentoring junior analysts
- Be the first person in line for answering data questions
- Creating a culture of best practices and quality
- Be able to assist junior analysts to bring their tasks to completion
- Ensure that knowledge gets shared among team members
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Masters in Statistics, Math, Computer Science or other quantitative field (or equivalent experience)
- People Skills
- Management experience
- Comfortable with experimental design
- Knowledge of statistics
- SQL skills
- Pythons Skill
- Experience with a columnar DB, Redshift preferred
- Experience with MySQL
- Machine learning skills a plus
- 5+ years of experience
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.