The Accounting Manager is responsible for the company’s financial reporting, such as its monthly, quarterly, and annual accounts. They also manage all of the company’s transactions, from accounts payable, receivable, payroll, and cash management.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage core accounting functions including:
- Cash reconciliation
- Accounts receivable, billing, collections
- Revenue recognition (primarily advertising), deferred revenue
- Compensation expenses
- Accounts payable, accrued expenses, expense reports
- Prepaid expenses, fixed assets
- Corporate credit card program administration
- Manage month-end close process:
- Record journal entries
- Expense allocations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Account level financial statement analysis/review (reasonableness, trends, relationships)
- Payroll execution and GL entry
- Monthly reporting to parent company
- Prepare monthly financial package
- Prepare monthly management reporting
- Possible addition of Accounts Payable clerk to assist in payroll processing
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Minimum 8-10 years of operational accounting experience at a technology company
- Solid understanding of accounting theory and GAAP
- Preferred CPA, Master’s degree or equivalent
- Outstanding people skills – verbal, written, relationship building.
- Strong general business skills: organized, analytical, efficient, eye for detail
- Preferred systems experience: QuickBooks, Concur (expense reports), Paylocity or ADP (payroll),
- Strong Excel skills (pivot, VLookup)
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.