Sr. Search Engineer
We’re looking for someone with a passion for leveraging technology to shape the future of education. You will work on the search and machine learning infrastructure at Edmodo. A detailed understanding of the Elastic Search or some other large scale search system is a necessity. Knowledge about NLP, machine learning and recommendation systems is a plus. An understanding of search in the AWS world is a plus. You're a practical, results-focused self-starter who will work to understand, improve and anticipate search needs within Edmodo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain search features and infrastructure
- Build solutions to scale and stabilize search for our growing user base
- Own and drive technical efforts to improve search services
- Refine and tune search algorithms
- Work with our offshore and onsite teams
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Minimum 3 years experience working on a search product (required)
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working as a software engineer (required)
- Technical experience with ElasticSearch and Python (required)
- Technical experience with Ruby (preferred)
- Technical experience with Docker and basic Unix system administration (preferred)
- Experience building SaaS applications
- Experience with agile and test-driven development techniques
- Experience as a search team lead (preferred but not required)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver projects
- Collaborate with offshore and onsite teams for project planning and delivery
- Build documentation for current systems and improvements
- Lead design and architectural discussions around team deliverables
- Mentor team members
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.