Growth is the lifeblood of any startup. As the Engineering Lead for our Growth team, you will be leading the small and nimble engineering team directly responsible for Edmodo’s growth. In this role, you'll partner with product, design, data and marketing leads to develop and execute on a growth strategy for Edmodo. You are both a highly technical, hands-on coder and an effective engineering team lead. In this role, you will need to meld creative problem solving, a desire for understanding user insights, and a thoughtful use of data in order to iterate on both prototypes and production products to help accelerate Edmodo’s growth. Along the way you’ll help us learn and know that you are helping teachers and students reach their full potential.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Top-to-bottom ownership of Growth projects, writing readable and extensible code, leading and coordinating development team, and keeping track of hitting key growth metrics
- Write high quality code that is modular, functional and testable
- Lead software development in short, agile, iterative development cycles
- Help grow Edmodo’s user base and business by optimizing funnels and virality loops
- Lead a team of engineers
- Help run A/B testing experiments to drive growth
- Help ensure key growth metrics are measured and tracked correctly
- Help ensure quality of code with unit testing
- Participation in code reviews
You thrive in rapid-paced environments and have experience with experimentation. You can anticipate future technical needs for the product and craft plans to realize them. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve, and to help coach and mentor those on your team.
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience building dynamic websites
- Experience building production level software for a highly trafficked websites
- Understanding of performance issues at all levels of the software stack
- Able to write efficient SQL queries and design schemas for relational databases
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience building software in a and agile, startup environment, ideally as an co-founder
- Strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- A strong team player, works well with cross functional teams
- Strong sense of ownership, desire to get things done
- Strong desire to help drive business impact
- A passion for changing lives through education
- Good knowledge of growth strategies and experience building and scaling growth teams
- Experience managing remote team members
- Experience in Rails, Python, PHP, or Go
- Experience with consumer social products
- Experience building native mobile apps (iOS/Swift, Android)
- Experience with MySQL or Redshift
- Familiarity with Lean Startup methodology
- Knowledge of SEO, Web/ Mobile Analytics
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.