Security Software Engineer
Edmodo is the leading platform for connecting students and teachers with the people and resources they need to reach their full potential. We’re helping to change lives one student at a time, and even with over 90 million members across 150 countries, we have only just begun.
We are looking for security software engineers who know how to bring security best practices and partner with cross functional teams. You enjoy researching problems and finding solutions. Along the way, you’ll have some fun and know that you are helping students achieve their full potential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with platform and service engineering to integrate security best practices into the service platform and its development pipeline stages.
- Lead and participate in architectural decisions to achieve and maintain a high security bar that can be sustained reliability and at scale.
- Grow a continuous delivery pipeline enabling frequent and seamless production deployments with stage appropriate security guardrails enforcing compliance along the way.
- Define security standards and implement efficient and automated processes for vulnerability, intrusion detection, and file integrity monitoring and incident response.
- Respond to reports in our bug bounty program.
- Audit and report our on the security and compliance of our services.
- Assess and recommend new services and technologies.
- Innovate how we streamline information security into our releases.
- Possess strong knowledge of:
- Security best practices
- Securing and managing cloud services (AWS)
- Operating system, network, and application security
- Scripting/Coding in at least one of the following languages: Python, Ruby or Java
- You have a BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience automating solutions
- Research experience a plus
- Able to participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career, and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.