Marketing Associate (Community Operations)
Edmodo, with over 100 million registered members, is the world’s largest social learning network where teachers, students and parents come to connect, share content, collaborate and learn more.
Edmodo is looking for a Community Growth Associate who is obsessively passionate about interacting with and supporting educators, and building detailed processes and programs to support the growth of this educator community and the Edmodo business.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee the current Edmodo Community to recruit, engage and reward members, while developing programs that generate excitement and growth for Edmodo.
- Build relationships with community members, be their primary face for Edmodo, and develop a deep understanding of what members need.
- Work with cross functional partners in Edmodo to involve the Community in marketing, advertising, events and product initiatives.
- Measure and analyze the impact the Community has on Edmodo and introduce new programs to increase this impact.
- You will work closely with our marketing, support and product teams as the liaison between our Community and the rest of the company.
- You have a successful track record of engaging communities of people online.
- You are skilled at reaching out to internal and external parties, building relationships, understanding their needs and finding ways to support them.
- You have a passion for building streamlined processes that ensure work gets done efficiently, and on time.
- You are highly detail and task oriented, methodical and focused.
- You like the challenge of working in a hands on, demanding start-up environment.
- You are a mature, self-motivated “go-getter” with a positive and professional attitude
- You excel with numbers and have an innate need to analyze programs and measure impact.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work across multiple teams and projects
- Experience in education, ideally as a teacher.
- SQL/database knowledge and basic knowledge of how to query data.
- Experience using Google Analytics or other analytic programs.
- English-Spanish or English-Chinese bilingual abilities.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of community operations, marketing or related experience.
We are looking for a candidate in the Bay Area working mostly in our offices in San Mateo, California with occasional partner or professional development related trips.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to reach their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, and collaboration tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 100 million members across 450,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.