Edmodo is out to change the world of K-12 education. Our team believes we can improve learning outcomes at scale with cutting edge software, and we are seeking like-minded developers with considerable Android experience to join us on this journey.
Essential duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, prototype and develop multiple Android apps in Android Studio.
- Produce functional application components based on product specs communicated via wireframes, mockups, and Jira tickets.
- Understand performance and stability issues at all levels of the app plus debugging and bug fixing
- Participate in code reviews, test your and your teammates' code to ensure robust application releases.
- Work with backend teams to determine and ensure necessary backend functionality based on product requirements.
- Use knowledge of latest-developments in Android to propose product improvements and efficient development strategies.
Required or Preferred Experience/Education:
- 3+ years of experience developing Android apps for the Play Store, including examples of apps currently available.
- Deep familiarity with Android Studio including debugging and stepping through code plus using various build tools (e.g. Gradle).
- Experience in assessing and integrating appropriate 3rd party libraries to solve problems as needed
- Proper design knowledge of RESTful APIs and working with data retrieved via REST and parsing JSON.
- Familiarity with Android best practices, common design patterns, and object-oriented design.
- Implement layouts with XML to design specifications.
- Experience using Services, AsyncTasks, and other techniques to manage multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with Git.
- Experience in the latest Android SDK features,
- Keeps up to date with the new Material Design practices.
- Experience developing Push Notifications, Deep Linking, Share Intents, Integrating Ad Networks.
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Experience using an ORM/SQLite3 database development.
- Has published at least one Android app in the Play Store.
- Startup experience a plus.
Our mission is to connect all learners to the people and resources needed to achieve their full potential. We are the world's leading global education network that provides communication, collaboration, and coaching tools for all members of the school community. We were founded in 2008 and currently have over 90 million members across 350,000+ schools in 150 countries.
So join the team that is changing how teachers and students learn - change lives, build your career and rack up the karma.
Edmodo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified individuals regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age
Please note: Though submitting a resume to Edmodo implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Human Resources representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checking.
Edmodo does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Services Agreement, Edmodo will not consider or agree to payment of any recruiter or agency fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Edmodo explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.