Senior Data Engineer
Dynamic Signal is the leading Employee Communication and Engagement Platform, committed to creating a connected, inclusive, and engaged workforce where people feel valued and empowered to be their best. From factory workers and field employees to knowledge workers in any time zone, hundreds of companies across every industry use Dynamic Signal’s web, desktop, and mobile applications to build aligned, productive, and actively engaged communities and employee advocates.
Dynamic Signal’s rapid growth as the top mobile-first corporate communications platform, coupled with an increased awareness of information needs for both our clients and internal teams, has led us to build a Metrics and Data team. This team will design, build, and own projects like client search, metrics of client health, and client-facing reporting. We’re looking for data engineers that would love to meet these challenges as our need for intelligent insights grows along with Dynamic Signal. As a founding senior data engineer in the Data team, you will have a hand in architecting the technology, building the team from the ground up and customer experience that runs Dynamic Signal.
We operate with shared trust and no egos and enjoy being ‘in this together’ to collaborate on the challenges of a rapidly scaling business. We are looking for an exceptional senior data engineer to take on big challenges and innovate with our rapidly growing engineering team.
- Design table structures and define ETL strategy to build performant Data solutions that are reliable and scalable in a fast-growing data ecosystem.
- Partner with technical and non-technical colleagues to understand data and reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain ETL routines using ETL and orchestration tools such as Airflow.
- Document and publish Metadata and table designs to facilitate data adoption.
- Develop Data Quality checks for source and target data sets.
- Develop UAT plans and conduct QA.
- Perform ad hoc analysis as necessary.
- Perform SQL and ETL tuning as necessary.
- Develop and maintain dashboards/reports using Tableau/Looker.
- Coordinate and resolve escalated production support incidents in Tier 2 support rotation.
- Create runbooks and actionable alerts as part of the development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience as an accomplished ETL developer who has proven experience in delivering complex data solutions.
- Prior experience building infrastructure for data extraction, preparation, and loading of data from backend services into a data lake for internal business and product analytics.
- Prior experience developing a data validation and testing strategy throughout the data flow.
- You love clean code and robust design.
- Best in class programming skills across multiple language paradigms
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with SQL.
- Prior experience working with relational databases and Azure preferred.
- Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and a results-oriented attitude
- You have a track record of delivering features and functionality on time with high quality.
- You have excellent communication skills and great ability to build effective working relationships.