Domtar Inc., Dryden Pulp Mill Operations, which consumes upwards of 1.9 million cubic meters of fibre annually, is seeking an individual to join our Forestlands Team. A progressive community set between Winnipeg and Thunder Bay, Dryden offers excellent recreational, fishing and outdoor activities.
Reporting to the Operations Team Lead and working in conjunction with the Forestlands team, your role will be to provide leadership in the implementation of Domtar’s safety, forest stewardship, production, and quality standards for Domtar’s contract harvest and haul on Domtar’s tenue areas.
More specifically, you will:
- Work with the Operations Team Lead to develop operational plans to meet the supply needs of both Domtar and external customers.
- Participate in the budgeting process as well the development of Annual Work Schedules (AWS) and Annual Reports (AR).
- Supervise Domtar’s contract harvesting and haul operations to ensure compliance with the associated Forest Management Plans.
- Assist the Operations Team with monitoring of road construction and road maintenance.
- Liaise with the MNRF on operational issues.
- The ideal candidate will possess a Forestry degree or suitable combination of education and experience.
- Certified in compliance (FOIP) inspection and eligible to apply for membership with OPFA.
- Solid operational skills and experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Strong beliefs and behaviors in safety, professional ethics, environmental values and results.
- You demonstrate leadership capabilities and are a team player with solid communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse group of forestry industry, government, resource users and community members.
If you are interested in an opportunity to work with an organization that is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a full range of employee benefits and a competitive wage package, consider joining our Team. Please apply online and attach your resume and cover letter, in confidence, by Monday December 5th, 2022 at 12:00pm CDT.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities are available upon request.