Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking a Mobile SDET in Kent, WA to work with applications that are a marriage of mobile devices and unique hardware. If you are a passionate software tester who strives to write a comprehensive well-documented test suite code, all while dreaming up new ways of breaking the software, then DCI could be a perfect fit for you!
- Unparalleled health benefits (no co-pays, no deductibles, employer covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: all employees share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k matching
- 22 days PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave and a portion of the WA LTC tax
- 11 annual paid holidays and 1 floating holiday
- Winter break (we are closed the last week of the year)
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- 4+ years of software testing experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited university
- Passionate about software testing with the key ability to think critically to identify software breaking issues
- Strong experience with C#
- Experience with Android/iOS automation
- Tested and released at least one iOS and Android product to market
- Proven ownership of test projects, designing test approaches, documenting and regressing bugs, and executing test passes
- Willingness to work on a team and can work in a fluid, highly collaborative environment
- Strong problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Xamarin Studio is strongly desired
- Experience testing both Software and Hardware products is strongly desired
- Experience with Jenkins Continuous Integration a plus
- JIRA or similar issue tracking software a plus
- TestRail or similar test case tracking software a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Azure platform a plus
- Agile team experience a plus
- Time-estimation skills for setting management expectations are strongly desired
- Passion for some mathematics a plus
- Strongly desired that candidate can demonstrate a passion for software Quality Assurance and testing automation with real-world project citations
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
DCI requires candidates to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or to qualify for a legally permissible exemption/reasonable accommodation.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform some work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.