Software Manager - Cloud Solutions
Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking a Software Manager – Cloud Solutions in Kent, WA to lead a small team building the next generation of the company’s data and subscription management platform for its navigation electronics products and mobile applications. This cloud infrastructure is critical for the company’s roadmap as all products become IoT-enabled providing richer features for customers. Infrastructure is a microservices architecture on Microsoft Azure using both SQL and NoSQL database technologies, decoupled connections to the ERP and CRM systems, brand new front-end portal management interface using React and Typescript, .NET services, among other modern approaches. The successful candidate will own this product-line, work with product management to triage new features, keep team members challenged and focused, and ensure that the Cloud meets its SLA for customers.
• Unparalleled health benefits (employer covers 99% of costs)
• Quarterly bonuses: all employees share in the success of the company
• Professional development
• 401k matching
• 4 weeks PTO
• Dog-friendly work environment
• Parental leave
• Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave and a portion of the WA LTC tax
• 11 annual paid holidays
• Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
• Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
• 8+ years of experience in cloud-based system architecture
• 3+ years of personnel management experience developing and leading high-performing teams
• Hands-on experience with building webservices using C#, .Net, Azure
• Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
• Comprehensive understanding of OAuth and security best practices
• Experience with delivering complex solutions that have material impact on business
• Must have taken products to market and worked through all parts of the development life cycle
• Ability to help screen resumes and conduct interviews for talent acquisition
• Must be able to provide active, on-going feedback to software developers to ensure developers are continually challenged personally and contribute to the business
• Must have a B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree from an accredited university
• Success in owning and evolving best practices in Agile, design, CI/CD, testing, and operational excellence
• Experience integrating with CMS and/or ERP systems
• Strong analytical skills
• Comfortable with complex, rapidly evolving software development environments
• Ability to manage ambiguity, complex problem spaces, and multiple priorities
• Strong ownership and willingness to do what’s right
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
DCI requires candidates to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or to qualify for a legally permissible exemption/reasonable accommodation.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform some work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.