Manufacturing Production Specialist
Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Production Specialist based out of our headquarters in Kent, WA to help ensure our products continue to live up to DCI’s high standards and exceed the expectations of our global customers. You will contribute to successful manufacturing operations by delivering productivity and quality initiatives, supporting lean methodology and practices, effectively resolving equipment and material issues, and advancing the training and development of the product assembly team. If you are hands-on and passionate about technology, collaboration, and continuous improvement, then DCI could be a perfect fit for you!
This position reports to the Production Manager and does not have direct reports.
- Unparalleled health benefits (no co-pays, no deductibles, employer covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: all employees share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k matching
- 22 days PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave
- 11 annual paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Winter break (we are closed the last week of each year)
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- See more benefits information
- DCI is proud to offer comprehensive compensation packages including competitive base pay and discretionary quarterly profit sharing bonuses to all part-time and full-time team members. Base pay is reviewed at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Pay range: $56,800 - $70,400 per year. Factors considered for pay include the level of skill, experience, training, external market factors, and internal value.
- Profit sharing bonus: Over the last 3 years, quarterly bonuses ranged between 12% and 27%. Future bonuses could be higher or lower depending on company profits.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify opportunities, resolve issues, and contribute to production team performance
- Review product designs to ensure performance, manufacturability, and consistency of output
- Review and investigate non-conforming products and components from suppliers, production line, and customers, recommend assembly method, design changes, or other mitigations
- Contribute to cross-functional teams developing efficient strategies and practices for assuring product quality, timely delivery, and shop productivity
- Determine and implement methods, best practices, and improvements related to the systems and processes that support production
- Define and establish work cell layout, equipment, tools, and process flow for new and existing products
- Contribute to planning and execution of equipment preventative maintenance and repair programs
- Work with software control systems to troubleshoot, make corrections or adjustments, and provide programming and automation solutions
- Assist in the training and development of production team employees
- Perform the work of those they are supporting including product assembly, testing, and calibration
- Monitor and ensure production team results against key performance indicators and accomplish manufacturing department objectives
- Exemplify and contribute to a safe and healthy work environment
Who You Are:
- Two-year technical degree or accredited apprenticeship program or equivalent additional experience in a technical field
- Three years of proven experience in the electronics and/or electro-mechanical fields
- Experience in manufacturing development or production environments
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Lean Six Sigma and continuous improvement experience
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite
- Effective, professional written/ oral communication and presentation skills
- Experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) and material review board (MRB) systems
- Ability to collaborate with team members and area leads to identify and resolve technical and/or coordination issues
- Hands-on aptitude, self-directed and able to work independently
- Ability to change direction and handle multiple responsibilities and tasks on a regular basis
- Equipment maintenance experience preferred
- Programming experience preferred
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
Onsite Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform all work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.