Field Service Engineer
About the Company
Digital Control Incorporated manufactures the most technologically advanced Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) locating and tracking system in the market, backed by extraordinary customer service. HDD technologies are used to install underground utilities, such as fiber optics, power, gas, sewer and water with minimal environmental impact.
The HDD industry was introduced to the DigiTrak locating system in 1991. The unique features of the system provided greater accuracy for measuring the depth and location. With these abilities, the drill operators could advance the drill much faster and pull back the product easier so the drilling operation became more accurate and productive.
We provide an open, supportive, collaborative & fun workplace. We have some of the smartest & most dedicated people around developing, building & servicing products for a unique industry.
DCI products are designed and manufactured at DCI Headquarters in the state of Washington, USA. Overseas sales and customer service are provided through dedicated offices in Australia, China, Germany, India and Russia.
Our mission is to provide the best support and the best tools to make HDD safer and more profitable.
数字控制公司（Digital Control Incorporated）以卓越的客户服务为后盾，制造市场上技术最先进的水平定向钻进（HDD）定位和跟踪系统。HDD技术用于安装地下设施，如光纤、电力、天然气、下水道和水，将对环境的影响降低到最小。
Field Service Engineer
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for leading the efforts in interacting with customers and dealer personnel. That includes visits to customer job sites, customer demonstration/training, dealer training and support, providing industry and competitive information as well as documentation of problems or failure modes experienced by customers using our products. This role also provides information about new unmet requirements for review by product management and engineering.
- Devising strategies to achieve sales and revenue target through effective planning, forecasting and budgeting.
- Responsible for B2B business development and managing the channel partners.
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive landscape of the company. Assist company in conveying customer needs to inside team (Strategy and Delivery) to ensure our long-term competitive edge.
- Work with dealers and distributors to develop customer base.
- Initiate customer contact to ensure that all dealers have qualified people to train end-users.
- Maintains company products to ensure systems are functioning according to specifications.
- Performs field testing and troubleshooting on all new or enhanced company products and provides direct feedback to Customer Service, Product Development, and R&D department.
- Issue Return Merchandise Authorization numbers and loaner equipment.
- The assigned projects will be diverse in nature requiring initiative and judgment in determining appropriate solutions.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent combination of work and education.
- Previous experience in trenchless technology or a similar industry is preferred.
- Must possess a high sense of integrity and confidentiality, will be required to maintain confidential product and trade secrets information.
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Chinese, Cantonese and/or additional language fluency preferred.