Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking a full-time, passionate, and seasoned Cloud Architect in Kent, WA. In this role you will lead a small team while architecting and taking a hands-on role implementing the next generation of the company’s data and subscription management platform for its navigation and mapping electronics products and mobile applications. This cloud infrastructure is critical for the company’s roadmap as our products become IoT-enabled providing richer features for our customers. The infrastructure is implemented on Microsoft Azure using both SQL and NoSQL database technologies, decoupled connections to the ERP and CRM systems, brand new front-end portal management interface using React and Typescript, and .NET services, among other modern approaches. The successful candidate will own the cloud solutions, make architecture decisions for new features with a long-term vision, and mentor more junior team members while still being hands-on with the code. The candidate will also work with product management to design new features and ensure that the solution meets its SLA for customers.
- Unparalleled health benefits (PPO plan with no deductibles, no co-pays, DCI covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: we all share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k match (3% match from DCI regardless of participation, 5% maximum match, 100% vested immediately)
- 22 days PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave
- 11 annual paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Winter break (we are closed the last week of each year)
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- See more benefits information here
- DCI is proud to offer comprehensive compensation packages including competitive base pay and discretionary quarterly profit sharing bonuses to all part-time and full-time team members. Base pay is reviewed at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Pay range: $137,800 - $161,500 per year. Factors considered for pay include the level of skill, experience, training, external market factors, and internal value.
- Profit sharing bonus: Over the last 3 years, quarterly bonuses ranged between 12% and 27%. Future bonuses could be higher or lower depending on company profits.
- 8+ years of experience in cloud-based system architecture
- Hands-on experience with building webservices using C#, .Net, Azure
- Experience using SQL and NoSQL databases
- Comprehensive understanding of OAuth and security best practices
- Experience with delivering complex solutions that have material impact on business
- Must have taken products to market and worked through all parts of the development life cycle
- Ability to help screen resumes and conduct interviews for talent acquisition
- Success in owning and evolving best practices in Agile, design, CI/CD, testing, and operational excellence
- Demonstrated proficiency with technical writing, creating software architecture diagrams, writing wiki articles, etc.
- Must have a B.S. in Computer Science or similar degree from an accredited university
- Experience integrating with CMS and/or ERP systems
- Experience with web services that support IoT devices
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, troubleshoot, and solve issues in deployed systems
Qualities you possess that will help you be successful in this position:
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable with complex, rapidly evolving software development environments
- Ability to manage ambiguity, complex problem spaces, and multiple priorities
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to do what’s right
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform some work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.