Technical Customer Service Representative
Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking a Technical Customer Service Representative in Kent, WA to support our uncompromising commitment to our customers. If you are someone who takes initiative, loves helping customers, organized in data entry and developing reports, accurate in managing technical details, and interested in developing into a technical troubleshooting and customer training role in the future, then DCI would be a perfect place for you!
- Unparalleled health benefits (PPO plan with no deductibles, no co-pays, DCI covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: we all share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k match (3% match from DCI regardless of participation, 5% maximum match, 100% vested immediately)
- 22 days PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave
- 11 annual paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Winter break (we are closed the last week of each year)
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- See more benefits information
- DCI is proud to offer comprehensive compensation packages including competitive base pay and discretionary quarterly profit sharing bonuses to all part-time and full-time team members. Base pay is reviewed at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Pay range: $62,800 - $77,600 per year (intermediate level) or $76,600 - $96,200 per year (senior level). Factors considered for pay include the level of skill, experience, training, external market factors, and internal value.
- Profit sharing bonus: Over the last 3 years, quarterly bonuses ranged between 12% and 27%. Future bonuses could be higher or lower depending on company profits.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the incoming calls supporting customer information requests and provide troubleshooting solutions.
- Document customer issues and resolutions in the database.
- Manage equipment Service Repair Orders to ensure correct follow through of customer requests.
- Occasional US travel to trade shows and assisting Territory Managers with field training.
Who you are:
- 2-4 years of sales experience strongly preferred; understanding the customer psyche and how to satisfactorily resolve questions/issues.
- 2 years experience in a customer service role providing direct support to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Passionate about customer service; willing to go above and beyond to meet the needs of the customer with excellent professional communications.
- Technical acumen required to learn equipment operations and perform complex troubleshooting. Horizontal Directional Drilling industry experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving/critical thinking skills.
- Ability to prepare data and document resolutions into the CRM tool. Ability to navigate software systems. Proficient Word, emailing, Power Point, and some Excel.
- Good writing aptitude for customer communications, training instructions, preparing trip reports, project status updates, and expense reports
- Initiative to work independently
- Strong collaboration skills with customers and various DCI department personnel
- Willing to travel on occasion for tradeshows, dealer and end-user classroom and field training
- Capability for future leadership role preferred. Willingness to learn the skills needed to manage a territory.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to still apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role at DCI.
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.