Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time IT Support Tech to work with a small and busy team that provides support to team members in Kent, and 6 offices around the world. This individual must be able to work independently and on larger projects with multiple team members. The role will primarily require handling first-point-of-contact Tier 1-2 helpdesk tickets, and escalating Tier 2-3 tasks to other existing IT Technicians or Infrastructure admins on the IT Team via a ticketing system. Development opportunities and training will be provided to work on related IT certifications to develop a more advanced technical skillset.
- Unparalleled health benefits (PPO plan with no deductibles, no co-pays, DCI covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: we all share in the success of the company
- Professional development
- 401k match (3% match from DCI regardless of participation, 5% maximum match, 100% vested immediately)
- 22 days PTO
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave
- 11 annual paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Winter break (we are closed the last week of each year)
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- See more benefits information here
- DCI is proud to offer comprehensive compensation packages including competitive base pay and discretionary quarterly profit sharing bonuses to all part-time and full-time team members. Base pay is reviewed at a minimum on an annual basis.
- Pay range: $46,200 - $60,500 per year. Factors considered for pay include the level of skill, experience, training, external market factors, and internal value.
- Profit sharing bonus: Over the last 3 years, quarterly bonuses ranged between 12% and 27%. Future bonuses could be higher or lower depending on company profits.
What you’ll do:
- Initial focus and the majority of time will be spent on hands-on Tier 1 work (cable management, new hire workspace setups and cabling, inventory ordering and stocking, IT assets reconciliation, etc.)
- Perform root cause analysis on a wide array of technical problems for all aspects of end user IT software and hardware, and troubleshoot them to resolution.
- Respond to incoming requests by providing information, instruction, and guidance to users of the network via a ticketing system, phone, in-person, and other forms of communication.
- Install & configure new workstations, applications, and peripherals. Maintain an imaging server for these tasks.
- Perform some network administration activities to provide employee access to network resources.
- Document and maintain up-to-date documentation of processes and suggest improvements for support workflow.
- Install and replace hardware components, such as hard drives, RAM, and removable media devices.
- Work with all internal employees as well as maintain relationships with appropriate external vendors.
- Provide computer and other technology orientations/training to new employees.
- Duties will be performed on-site from our Kent HQ office, frequently interacting with Tier 2-3 Technicians and Infrastructure admins who may be carrying out the majority of their work remotely and some overlap on-site in the office.
Who you are:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a Helpdesk/Deskside support role
- CompTIA A+ and Network + certifications preferred.
- Genuine passion for technology with desire and aptitude to increase technical skill level. Demonstrates continuous learning milestones achieved by obtaining certifications.
- Understanding and experience with Microsoft Windows 7, 8 & 10 and Microsoft Office Products. Experience with the latest macOS is also preferred.
- Strong critical thinking skills including troubleshooting, problem analysis and good judgment/decision making.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills with an ability to teach and coach users to improve their future technical capability.
- Must be willing to take initiative to help on other team projects. Must be able to work well with a team.
- Coachable, able to follow directions and SOP’s, and willing to learn from more experienced IT peers.
- Demonstrate strong multitasking skills including good planning and prioritization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to provide occasional overtime and/or after-hours assistance to international offices as necessary.
If you’re excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to still apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role at DCI.
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.