Senior Graphic Designer
Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
DCI is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer in Kent, WA to create and manage all graphics assets for marketing and training materials. If you are passionate about art, design, and copy layout skills to create visually engaging concepts for print and digital materials, then DCI could be a perfect fit for you!
- Unparalleled health benefits (PPO plan with no co-pays, no deductibles, employer covers 99% of costs)
- Quarterly bonuses: we all share in the success of the company
- 401k match (3% match from DCI regardless of participation, 5% maximum match, 100% vested immediately)
- 22 days PTO
- Professional development
- Dog-friendly work environment
- Parental leave
- Company covers 100% of payroll taxes for state family medical leave
- 11 annual paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Winter break (we are closed the last week of each year)
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
- Serve as the primary designer for graphics content under the direction of the Brand Manager.
- Partner with the Brand Manager to further develop DCI brand identity.
- Create and manage all graphics assets for marketing and training collateral.
- Deliver a wide variety of styles from professional to casual.
- Assist with graphics for video projects.
- Work collaboratively within a small, fast-paced, team supporting all messaging and content needs.
- Work closely with internal teams to participate in all stages of the creative process from concept to development.
- Regularly meet with internal subject matter experts to gain accurate information for content.
- Coordinate communications projects as assigned.
- Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with some latitude for independent judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree or significant coursework in Art, Graphic Design, or related disciplines.
- 6+ years in content creation for websites, social media, print collateral, signage, and communications, preferably in B2B or B2C
- Demonstrated excellence in content for print and digital media channels.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to effectively communicate with teammates and clients, managing multiple projects at the same time.
- Expertise in all Microsoft Office products.
- Working experience in Adobe Creative Suite; Advanced user in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of defining project schedules, scoping work, and managing stakeholders.
- Knowledge of 3D Design programs: Onshape, SketchUp, Cinema 4D, Premiere Pro and After Effects desired.
- 3D Modeling, Animation, and Video Editing are nice to have.
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy:
DCI requires candidates to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or to qualify for a legally permissible exemption/reasonable accommodation.
Hybrid Work Schedule:
This position will be required to perform some work onsite at the Kent, WA location.
We Celebrate Inclusion:
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.