Supply Chain Intern - Summer 2023 (full-time)
Digital Control Incorporated (DCI) is the world’s leading supplier of underground locating and steering products for the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. Since the introduction of this revolutionary technology 30 years ago, Digital Control has been at the forefront of trenchless technologies that enable the efficient installation of underground utilities such as fiber optic, telecom, gas, and water lines world-wide. DCI’s products are valued for their durable design, ease of use and uncompromising commitment to customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Manufacturing team for a full-time Summer 2023 Intern. This internship is primarily based out of our headquarters in Kent, WA.
As a Supply Chain Intern in our Manufacturing department, you will apply course concepts and supply chain management tools to a real-world manufacturing environment. You will develop knowledge about our product line through direct exposure to functional areas of sourcing, procurement, inventory management, and production planning. You will get first-hand exposure and experience with how a complex ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system works. You will lead your own supply chain process improvement project to improve the efficiency of the team and play an important role in the daily operations of the Manufacturing department.
- Paid internship -$21 per hour
- PTO (accrue 6.77 hours per bi-weekly paycheck)
- Paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday
- Free convenient parking and commuter benefits
- Located in a quiet business park near walking trail
What you’ll do:
- Lead a supply chain process improvement project, selected based on business need
- Assist team with ongoing sourcing and purchasing responsibilities
- Interact with suppliers regarding order status and resolve delivery issues
- Liaison with inventory, production, planning, and accounting
- Identify discrepancies with materials, orders, pricing, and other issues
- Participate in a local supplier visit/ audit, follow-up on resulting action actions
- Perform information gathering and documentation activities in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system and other internal resources
- Present project results and recommendations to management
Who you are:
- Junior or Senior undergrad student pursuing a Business degree, or related
- Supply chain, operations management, procurement, and/or planning knowledge
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production environment
- Passion for lean/ process improvement and wanting practical experience
- Ability to coordinate cross-functionally with various supply chain and manufacturing groups, and externally with suppliers
- Critical thinker, attention to detail, hands-on problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation experience
- Proficiency in MS Office, experience working in an ERP system
Work hard, play often... DCI employees are innovative and creative. Our open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. We have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on our creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, our employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
DCI takes pride in caring a lot about our employees. We believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so we provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. We also like to eat at DCI and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) We have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that DCI is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by our long service team and low turnover.
We celebrate inclusion.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at DCI is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. DCI does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
It is DCI’s policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity. The Company's EEO policy includes the full & complete support of the Company and all levels of leadership. Because it's just the right thing to do. We hope you think so, too.