UX Engineering Manager
At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
The CrowdStrike UX team is a single multi-disciplinary team comprised of front-end engineers, designers, user researchers, writers & QA. We’re a highly collaborative, friendly, inclusive & diverse group using our collective strengths to deliver a capable & intuitive user experience for our customers.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll be responsible for the recruitment, workload management, wellbeing and professional growth of a team of software engineers, helping build an open & collaborative environment and supporting systems to help them succeed in their roles. You’ll work closely with your peers in UX and across the broader engineering organization to ensure projects are a success. You may already be an experienced manager or this may be your first step into management from a senior or team-lead role.
What You’ll Need
- Manage team workload, project resourcing & coordination in a fast-paced, highly distributed environment.
- Support wellbeing of team members - providing support & guidance focused primarily on resourcing, progress, and soft skills. Gather feedback from others, provide coaching as needed & in collaboration with senior developers to advance team member skill sets.
- Lead and coordinate recruitment process from initial contact to offer
- Successful onboarding & general administration.
- Some travel (project offsites, team get-togethers).
- Develop general understanding of cybersecurity domain to best support leads and team members.
- Strong engineering track-record focusing on front-end development & technologies (JS/CSS/HTML) and modern frameworks and approaches.
- Experience mentoring & supporting people and teams with empathy & professionalism.
- Experience tracking and managing multiple projects.
- Knowledge of and experience with technical teams, cybersecurity, and startups strongly preferred.
- Experience in remote-first environments.
- Experience or familiarity with Ember.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
We are committed to building an inclusive culture of belonging that not only embraces the diversity of our people but also reflects the diversity of the communities in which we work and the customers we serve. We know that the happiest and highest performing teams include people with diverse perspectives and ways of solving problems so we strive to attract and retain talent from all backgrounds and create workplaces where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.