Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
This is a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) position in the Services team. On the CrowdStrike Services team the SDET, developers, and consultants will work together collaboratively. SDETs are key contributors in the team’s focus on quality.
Here are the quality-focused tasks in the team that SDETs are heavily involved in:
- Analyze complex software features and build effective test strategies and test design
- Build useful tools, frameworks, and test setup to use for developing tests effectively across multiple operating system versions; the goal is to minimize manual testing and for the team to write automated tests for the product
- Identify and write specialized tests necessary that are not feature-specific but are still important to ensure the quality of the system as a whole – performance, scalability, limits etc.
- Debug bugs found through test or customer cases to identify root cause and use the input to improve tests
- Work collaboratively improve quality, and streamline our release cycles
- Rigorous product and test code reviews with an eye towards improving the security and robustness of the system as a whole
SDETs use their strong software development skills to build effective tools, harnesses, and specialized tests to assure that software quality is maintained. SDETs also participate actively in design and code reviews, and collaborate with the consulting team to assure end-to-end system functionality.
The ideal SDET candidate must have demonstrated passion to find bugs -- i.e. they must like breaking software as much as writing code! They also must have demonstrated ability to write high-quality code in Go/Golang, C++ and scripting languages like Python. Experience with Jenkins and familiarity with AWS is also highly desired.
Though the following are not all required for this position at the outset, strong SDETs in the team eventually build the following skills:
- Ability to write and automate test cases, triage bugs, and write actionable bug reports
- Ability to read code with a focus on its robustness and security (or lack thereof)
- Ability to clearly define test strategies for features, and implement those strategies
- A track record of shipping quality software
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industries best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.