Senior Platform Programmer – Live Services
Creative Assembly are looking for a Senior Platform Programmer to join our Live Services team based at out studio in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
In this exciting role, the successful candidate will be responsible for the client-side implementation and integration of game-agnostic and company-wide online platform services. Working alongside the Developers, SDETs and Dev Managers, you will help to ensure the game teams deliver their games on time with the services required.
You will be key in developing, maintaining, testing, and extending the feature set of the client-side SDK used by CA’s games, allowing them to release on a variety of storefronts while maintaining a consistent experience across the board.
Feature areas include (but are not limited to):
- Accounts management
- Friends’ management
- Multiplayer sessions and comms
- DLC availability
- User profile and game meta-data management
- Cloud saves
- In-game store
- Chat and voice
- Be a proactive member of the team
- Have a strong focus on quality and risk assessment throughout the delivery cycle
- Help develop, maintain, and extend the SDK feature set
- Help provide a resilient and responsive client-side online service layer for our significant player base across multiple live titles
- Strong programming skills (C/C++)
- Familiarity with threading and async models
- Robust memory management
- Awareness of software engineering best practices
- Passionate about producing quality products
- System and critical thinking mindset
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in gaming industry
- Experience of networking methodologies
- Experience of Agile practices
- Test automation experience
Creative Assembly is about the right people making the best games. We are united through our values; Quality, Focus, Teamwork, Respect and Trust.
We house many talented people, from trainees to industry veterans who constantly challenge us and make sure we are striving for the best within our games and our studio life.
Winner of multiple Best Place to Work Awards, we have studio sites in Horsham UK and Sofia Bulgaria, including a number of bespoke state-of-the-art audio suites and a dedicated motion capture site.
Currently we are working fully remotely, and we continue to assess the COVID-19 situation with the safety of our staff our number one priority. We are still actively recruiting and onboarding new staff each week. Our expert IT and HR teams will set you up with everything you need to join remotely whether you will need to relocate to the UK (or within the UK) now, or at a later date.
We offer many benefits to support you and your family including:
- Bespoke relocation package for you and your dependents, with support throughout the process from our dedicated Relocation Specialists
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, and all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Join our award-winning education and social responsibility programme; the Legacy Project, as an industry ambassador to mentor and educate others
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support including; SEGA Dev Day, internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops, on-site training with renowned specialists and global conference attendance
- Opportunity to join our Diversity and Inclusion Network – an employee-led group
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme with free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen*
- Wellbeing support with an employee assistance programme and onsite confidential sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy*
- Discounts for home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers, and many local businesses including estate agents
- Studio parties for you and your family; such as our Summer Festival, Christmas Party plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have Cinema days and wrap parties for game releases*
- Studio community activities such as free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing, Pilates, Walking Challenges, Couch to 5k, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more*
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.