Escalation Engineer - Minneapolis, MN (REMOTE)
Who We Are:
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds.
We are recruiting for an Escalation Engineer to join our Information Experience team. This will be a remote opportunity located in Minneapolis, MN. In this role, you will tackle complex technical issues and customer service situations that don't have a clear precedent. You will be a source of knowledge and direction for the team, willing to document and teach their existing knowledge and new discoveries to the members of their team and the rest of CrashPlan.
- Troubleshooting complicated customer issues, both independently and with teammates.
- Handling escalated customer issues and partnering cross-functionally with other CrashPlan departments (eg R&D, PS, CSM) to see customer issues through to resolution
- Staying current with changes in CrashPlan products and processes in order to keep the CrashPlan support team informed.
- Mentoring and guiding teammates with an appropriate level of coaching.
- Crafting, proposing, and implementing process improvements and changes. Ensuring process consistency across the team.
- Owning projects in partnership with support leadership.
- Managing problem cases and communicating relevant updates to the team as they become available.
- Balancing workloads/triaging cases across the team, ensuring SLAs are met with quality.
- Valuing personal and professional development and its positive impact on the team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience of providing technical support, software development, and/or system administration
- Experience working with Windows, Mac and/or Linux operating systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet, scripting and server administration (i.e. API architecture, Bash, Python, SSH, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, traceroute, and/or ping)
- Experience setting up and running Linux servers
CrashPlan values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer