Financial Data Analyst
Financial Data Analyst- 100% REMOTE
Who We Are:
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds.
We are recruiting for a Financial Data Analyst to join our team. In this critical role within the Finance team, you will be analyzing financial data, building new data products, and creating insightful tools and analytics that help stakeholders around the company improve their decision making process. You will play a critical part in building a data culture that makes data accessible and usable throughout the organization.
- Be a technical resource to the FP&A team who supports and contributes to the development of forecasts, budgets, and long-range projections that align with CrashPlan’s strategy and goals
- Partner with stakeholders in Finance, Marketing, Product, Security, IT to understand analysis needs around product usage, adoption, and Amazon Web Services (AWS) cost.
- Building visualizations and reporting in tools that answer critical business questions in a repeatable, distributable way.
- Explore data sets to find insights that move the company forward.
- Effectively communicating outputs to necessary stakeholders.
- Ensuring data products are built to support long term goals and deliver valuable insights.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data or Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience working in a finance or analytics focused role
- Demonstrated proficiency with data analytics tech stack/ BI tools (i.e. Tableau, Hyperion /Essbase, Snowflake, etc) and SQL
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel (pivot tables, vlook ups, macros, if/then, etc)
- Previous experience in a SaaS environment
- Ability to communicate complex data to a wide range of audiences
- Advanced level degree in Data or Computer Science, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Economics
- CFA and/or CPA certification
CrashPlan values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer