Associate Technical Writer
Associate Technical Writer - Minneapolis, MN (REMOTE)
Who We Are:
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds.
We are recruiting for an Associate Technical Writer to join our Information Experience team. This will be a remote opportunity located in Minneapolis, MN. In this role, you will research, write, and update articles for CrashPlan’s support site, edit other writers’ work, and use test environments to validate content for CrashPlan products.
- Planning, writing, editing, and publishing product help and technical documentation that is accurate, comprehensive, clear, and trustworthy
- Continuously improving content in response to frequent product changes and feedback from customers and colleagues
- Reviewing and editing content for other team members
- Assisting with writing projects, process improvements, or other projects, as needed
- Using Jira and other tools to track and manage work assignments and projects
- Applying consistent attention to detail and organization in all aspects of work, from organizing ideas to adhering to style and other team standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Communications, Information Systems, Computer Science, English, Journalism, or related field discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 1+ year of professional writing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders and senior leadership
- Experience writing for software applications
CrashPlan values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer