IT Specialist- Minneapolis, MN (remote)
Who We Are:
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds.
We are recruiting for an IT Specialist to join our team. Although this position will be located in Minneapolis, MN, you will be able to work remotely. As a core member of our internal IT department, you will be responsible for ensuring all endpoints within CrashPlan remain current with patching and security measures, supporting internal customers with technology issues on the Help Desk, and administering key applications used in the corporate environment.
- Managing incoming Help Desk tickets (software support, general troubleshooting) using our Jira ticketing system
- Assist with procuring endpoints for both new and existing employees as needed.
- Assist in managing deployments of both new and existing applications across all CrashPlan endpoints via MDM tooling.
- Configuring and managing key applications used in the corporate environment.
- Working closely with our Security Operations department for reporting purposes and coordination of critical patch deployment.
- Primarily supporting the Apple Mac platform (90%) with some Microsoft Windows laptops (10%)
- Serving as an escalation point and consultant for our internal team responsible for assisting with onboarding our customers when needed for MDM related issues.
- General assistance and 1-on-1 training for various applications, systems, and tools within IT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience working in an environment managing technology, including experience troubleshooting hardware and software applications on Mac OS X (primarily), Windows, Linux, and/or mobile devices in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated understanding of basic networking and computer hardware
- Previous experience with Okta, Jamf, Atlassian(Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket), Google Workspace (GSuite), Zoom Admin, and/or Slack Admin
- Excellent customer service track record with experience supporting all levels of internal customers
- Excellent written, verbal and documentation skills
- Experience with Active Directory, Zendesk, and/or Intune
- Prior scripting experience
CrashPlan values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer