Creative & Brand Consultant
In the race for ideas, we never want our customers to compromise the speed of innovation nor the safety of their data. Code42 provides protection from Insider Risk by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering an open and collaborative culture for employees. We are proud our insider threat solution has been honored with a number of national awards. This includes Globee, IT World, Black Unicorn and Stevie Awards, as well as Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and an Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Award.
If you want to work at a company that creates cutting-edge cyber security technology and has been recognized as a Best Place to Work by Inc. Magazine and a Top Workplace by the Minneapolis Star Tribune, you belong at Code42. If you crave being a part of a transparent, collaborative, and learning culture where you can drive innovation and grow your career, you belong at Code42. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us thrive together. Don’t wait. #BeCode42.
In this role, you’ll lead, coordinate and optimize our creative services design bureau, work to implement and maintain our brand guidelines, provide creative direction and help design programs to increase the profile of Code42.
You will serve as the lead designer for the company, with the ability to guide and influence the look and feel of our corporate brand. This role will champion the Code42 brand, educating internal users, arbitrating brand issues and answering questions, and ensuring brand consistency across our marketing projects and channels.
Day-to-day, the Creative & Brand Consultant is responsible for developing creative guidelines and directing creative work, partnering extensively with external resources to meet business needs. This may include print collateral, direct mail, tradeshow assets, advertising, websites and many related tasks. You will work with graphic designers, copywriters, web designers, account managers, product managers, and other marketing professionals to create a vision and story for our company and product.
To be successful in this role, applicants should have in-depth knowledge of the principles of branding and design and understand how to apply them to help achieve marketing and business goals.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Set direction for the Code42 brand, including developing and maintaining a corporate style guide, and educating and training internal stakeholders on our brand guidelines.
- Champion the Code42 brand to ensure global marketing assets and company materials adhere to brand standards, tell compelling stories, and meet the highest standards of quality.
- Work with the global marketing team to conceptualize, design and produce compelling and impactful marketing assets that can be translated across marketing channels, including white papers, product/solution sheets, tradeshow assets, sales support materials, brochures, videos, eBooks and social channel graphics.
- Oversee the execution of projects that are part of the marketing organizations integrated marketing campaigns; gather cross functional input; suggest creative solutions to challenges; and drive for continuous improvement.
- Work with our agency partners and marketing team members to maximize creativity and excellence in performance and delivery.
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure all corporate materials such as T-shirts, signage, employee materials, giveaways and promotional products are thoughtfully designed and true to brand.
- Provide creative direction to Code42’s freelance designers, photographers, videographers and other graphics partners.
- Recruit and participate in the selection and management of digital, branding and other creative agencies and freelancers as needed.
- Evaluate and manage production resources to enhance high productivity and allocations.
- Create and maintain files for all creative assets and resources, such as software, art materials, and special fonts, which are needed for record keeping and referencing.
- Create accurate price estimates and breakdowns, and ensure project delivery is on-time, on-budget and on-brand.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends, best practices and emerging technologies.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- A BA/BS or higher degree in Graphic Design, Communication Arts, or a field of related study.
- 7+ years experience in design within a B2B corporate marketing department or design/marketing communications agency with B2B clients.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles of branding and design and clear understanding of how to apply them to help achieve marketing and business goals.
- Creative with the ability to make designs from the scratch.
- Proven expertise using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign; and experience with HTML, Wordpress and motion graphics.
- Proficient with presentation programs. Video and photography experience a plus.
- Pre-press production skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment, with the ability to listen to and synthesize needs.
- Project management skills: organized, proactive, independent and deadline-driven.
- Possess a sharp eye for detail and for a variety of design styles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in enterprise software marketing, strongly preferred
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development, personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, maternity/paternity leave, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.