Senior Software Engineer - Native
Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Code42 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, focused on native development of our endpoint security agent at the heart of Code42’s Insider Risk solution. Specifically, we are looking for someone who enjoys doing cross-platform development using C++, Swift and / or Rust. As an engineer at Code42 you'll be working on challenging problems in scalability, security, and new feature development. We have a casual and collaborative work atmosphere where everyone’s opinions and ideas are valued.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining system level native software for Linux, macOS and Windows platforms.
- Cross-platform development in C++, Swift, Objective-C/C++ and / or Rust, taking into account needs for security, performance, monitoring, supportability, and testability.
- Learning and keeping up to date with the latest Swift and macOS technologies.
- Turning requirements into cohesive designs, identifying gaps and contradictions.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development organization.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Testing, debugging, and troubleshooting all across the Code42 technology stack.
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Working collaboratively within a high-efficiency SCRUM team
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Prototyping and documenting designs, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to large-size product features.
- Helping to mentor and guide more junior staff.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Continued learning and sharing with the team.
- 7+ years professional experience, doing native development. ( i.e. using system level APIs, handling low-level resource management), or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Advanced native programming skills in one or more of: C/C++, Objective-C/C++, Swift, Go, Rust
- Advanced object-oriented programming and software design skills
- Experience debugging low level native software
- Experience developing software optimized for performance and resource management
- Is able to recognize lurking complexity, and able to identify non-local costs and benefits.
- Experience writing tests and testable code.
- Is familiar with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- Is experienced with agile/lean development processes
- Is comfortable taking collective ownership of team deliverables.
- Is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Has a passion for building systems that work well.
- Is comfortable working with non-technical staff.
- Clearly able to communicate technical ideas to peers in written and verbal form
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
- Up to date on emerging macOS platform changes.
- Experience with System Extensions or Kernel Extensions
- Deep understanding of macOS systems and APIs.
- Experience with real-time and multi-threaded systems
- Experience with file system, block storage, or networking technologies
- Have experience with some additional languages (like Java, C#, Python, Kotlin)
- Experience with build systems like CMake
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Provide real-world examples of production-quality work you've done in the past
- Are active in the local tech community
- Have contributed to open-source software in the past
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.