Technical Support Engineer
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds. Our data-protection solution is a product of Code42, an industry leader protecting the critical data of more than 50,000 world-class organizations, including the largest global brands.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Head to crashplan.com to read customer testimonials and learn more about why our product is essential for security teams.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
Working as part of a focused team, you will be managing chat, email and phone calls in a high volume environment. You will be doing a lot of writing, too. Clear, step-by-step, instructions with tact and discretion. You will also be working to streamline internal processes while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as Code 42's growth explodes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Taking ownership of reported customer issues and seeing problems through to resolution
- Facilitating customer communication, education and retention
- Collaborating with your team on issues and their solutions
- Performing thorough analysis of varied log and system files related to Code42 products
- Recreating, tracking, and verifying software defects reported by customers in the field or under lab conditions
- Utilizing remote secure access technologies to diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Reviewing manuals, release notes, and patch documentation for possible issue resolution
- Staying on the cusp of the latest and greatest technologies as well as changes in Code42 products and processes
- Meeting service level agreements and ensuring proper documentation of all issues
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 2 to 3 years of relevant work experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience
- The ability to make decisions on your own, and consult with team leaders as needed
- Fluent in the following: Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Understanding of the technical fundamentals of the Internet and server administration, such as: SSH, HTTPS, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, traceroute, and ping
- Strong writing skills and good telephone etiquette
- Record of consistently offering superior levels of customer service
- Strong command line Linux skills. You have set up and run your own Linux servers before.
- Ability to communicate with high technical knowledge and efficiency
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
- Knowledge of security software or previous experience at a security organization
- Strong knowledge of database technologies
- General knowledge of varied operating system and application deployment methodologies such as virtualization, containers, PaaS/Infrastructure as Code
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.