Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds. Our data-protection solution is a product of Code42, an industry leader protecting the critical data of more than 50,000 world-class organizations, including the largest global brands.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Head to crashplan.com to read customer testimonials and learn more about why our product is essential for security teams.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
As a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, you will help ensure the satisfaction of our users by demonstrating that existing and new products meet the highest standards of security, reliability, performance, and user-friendliness. Your job duties will encompass designing, writing and executing manual and automated tests, maintaining tests, identifying defects in the product, and working collaboratively with stakeholders to ensure high quality product releases.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Work as a member of a scrum team that will create new and iterate on existing application features for the data preservation and recovery aspects of our product
- Collaborate and disseminate detailed test approaches to developers and the broader Product Development team through articulate communication via a variety of means (stand-up, email, chat, document management system, etc.)
- Identify product defects and submit detailed reports
- Create, write, execute, and maintain manual and automated user facing and API test cases
- Write and execute Security tests
- Write and execute Performance and Scalability tests
- Be the advocate for our customers and lead user group testing
- Create regression testing plans to ensure new functionality doesn’t break or degrade existing functionality
- Participating in story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features.
- Mentoring other team members, including coaching on software functionality, technical requirements and/or testing techniques
- Continuously learning about technology and software testing, and sharing knowledge with the team
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of professional experience in a SQA environment
- Strong analytical thinking; ability to understand complex systems and design tests around integration and interface points
- Experience testing complex multi-tier software systems from UI to database
- Load/Performance/Scalability testing experience of multi-tier applications
- Familiarity with Security/Penetration testing
- Strong organizational skills; flexible to complete multiple tasks under tight and competing schedules
- Familiarity testing in a microservice architecture environment
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Ability to clearly communicate testing ideas to peers and non-technical stakeholders in written and verbal form
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Comfortable with build tools (like Jenkins, Concourse)
- Comfortable with scripting languages: Python
- Familiarity with productivity tools: BitBucket, GitHub, Jira, Confluence
- Familiarity working with cloud services: AWS and Azure
- Familiarity with test automation frameworks and tools
- Track record of tool and/or process implementation to enhance testing efficiency
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.