Staff, Site Reliability Engineer
CrashPlan® provides peace of mind through easy-to-use, automatic endpoint data backup. We help organizations recover from any worst-case scenario, whether it is a disaster, simple human error, a stolen laptop, ransomware or an as-of-yet undiscovered calamity. We continue to innovate as the landscape of work evolves, which makes CrashPlan foundational to organizations’ data security. What starts as endpoint backup and recovery becomes a solution for ransomware recovery, breaches, migrations, and legal holds. Our data-protection solution is a product of Code42, an industry leader protecting the critical data of more than 50,000 world-class organizations, including the largest global brands.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Head to crashplan.com to read customer testimonials and learn more about why our product is essential for security teams.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
You will guide the design, implementation, and ongoing operation of the tools that automate building, operating, and monitoring of Code42 systems. You will participate in software development, including writing maintainable code, comprehensive tests, and mentoring the team in all aspects of application service delivery. These services must be secure, highly available, and performant in a 24x7 environment. You will support the Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies leveraged by the Code42 Cloud eco-system. You will conduct a diverse portfolio of projects within an Agile management framework. You will author documentation including standard operating procedures, analysis, and project artifacts.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Automating the build, operation, and monitoring of Code42 Applications and Cloud eco-system
- Troubleshooting complex systems, remediating issues, and taking steps to prevent recurring issues
- Contributing to other support and automation efforts as needed
- Adhering to FIPS and PCI security compliance in accordance with standards, policies and procedures
- Contributing as part of a team of engineers building the next generation exascale cloud technologies
- Proposing and developing new technology standards and best practices as appropriate
WHAT YOU BRING:
- At least 10 years’ of relevant experience
- Significant experience with AWS Architecture Design, or similar public cloud technologies
- Extensive experience with AWS Systems Operations, or similar public cloud technologies
- Significant experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment Solutions (Jenkins, Concourse or similar)
- Significant Experience with Configuration Management Solutions (Ansible, Salt or similar)
- Extensive experience with Docker and Containers
- Significant Linux experience (Ubuntu, RHEL, Debian, or Centos)
- Significant experience programming software (Git, Testing, GoLang, Java, Python)
- Extensive experience with Infrastructure as Code Solutions (CloudFormation, Terraform)
- Experience with computer networking (Internet routing, load balancing, DNS, etc.)
- Available to participate in the on-call support rotation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
Anticipated salary range: $125,000-155,000
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.