Software Engineer, Senior
Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Interested? Head to code42.com/careers to learn more about why we’ve consistently been recognized for the quality of our product and the culture of our company.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
Code42 is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, focusing on cloud application development, to work on the heart of Code42's market-leading Insider Risk Management platform that helps world-class organizations protect intellectual property.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As an engineer at Code42 your day to day will include:
- Building and maintaining server applications and AWS native services that can perform at scale. For example, building highly available services that collect important security data from millions of endpoints.
- Debugging production issues across services to ensure reliability of high-volume data infrastructure.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to medium-size product features.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development organization.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Code reviewing your peer’s work, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Thinking, learning, collaborating, advocating, influencing, and supporting.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Typically has a bachelor's degree and 5 or more years professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Competency with Kotlin/Java or similar languages.
- Competency in object-oriented development.
- Competency with testing frameworks, eg. jUnit, Mockito.
- Experience with database technologies (RDS/Postgresql, nosql).
- Experience developing server/backend code for cloud environments.
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- A passion for building systems that work well.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to peers in written and verbal form.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42.
- Experience with Spring Boot/Spring.
- Experience with AWS services such as S3, DynamoDB, ECS/Fargate, etc.
- Familiarity with deployment tools like Terraform, Cloud Formation.
- Have worked with agile/lean development processes.
- Experience building a SAAS product.
- Experience in large distributed cloud environments.
- Experience in the Security, Storage or IT enterprise software space.
The salary range for this role is approximately $100,000-$140,000
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.