Software Engineer, C#
Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Interested? Head to code42.com/careers to learn more about why we’ve consistently been recognized for the quality of our product and the culture of our company.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
Code42 is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team! We're looking for engineers with a passion for world-class software development and an appetite for growth who will help Code42 protect and secure our customers' data.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
As an engineer at Code42 your day to day will include:
- Designing and implementing code for assigned projects, both independently and with teammates, taking into account needs for monitoring, supportability, and testability.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Testing, debugging, and troubleshooting all across the Code42 technology stack.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Demoing progress on team deliverables.
- Participating in story mapping and sizing sessions for small to medium-size product features.
- Synthesizing requirements into cohesive designs, identifying gaps and contradictions.
- Helping to estimate and prioritize product backlog.
- Helping to mentor and guide more junior staff.
- Collaborating with teammates across the product development organization.
- Contributing to process improvement efforts within engineering.
- Leading team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Learning about new things and sharing that with the team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Experience with C#
- Experience with object-oriented development
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Familiarity with microservice architecture
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts
- Has a passion for building high quality applications that delight our users
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas to peers and non-technical stakeholders in written and verbal form
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42
- Comfortable with build tools (gradle, Concourse)
- Experience with agile/lean development processes
- Familiarity with data repository technologies (e.g.: relational databases, Elasticsearch, NoSQL)
- Familiarity with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform)
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.