Front-End Software Engineer
Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Code42 is looking for a Front-End Software Engineer to join our growing team, focusing on web development of insider risk security applications. As part of the team, you will be working alongside senior engineers, learning from them and contributing to the future of Code42 front-end applications. We are seeking an engineer who is willing to learn, ask questions, jump in and contribute to our projects.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Work as a member of a scrum team that will iterate on insider risk security applications that impact the success of Code42.
- Collaborating with user experience designers by providing feedback on UI designs.
- Continuously learn to improve through pair programming and pull request reviews.
- Creating unit and integration tests to ensure code is high quality and maintainable.
- Participating in team design discussions and code reviews, documenting code, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Participating in agile story authoring, sizing, and demo sessions for product features.
- Continuously learning about technology and software development, and sharing knowledge with the team.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Typically has a software development experience or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience in web technologies.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn working in an agile, collaborative environment and asking for help when it's needed.
- Some experience with web frameworks like React, Angular, or Vue.js.
- Has a passion for writing high quality code.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn continuous integration and deployment concepts.
- Some experience with the tools that comprise our tech stack:
- Languages: TypeScript
- Libraries: React, Redux
- CSS Preprocessors: Styled Components, Sass/Less
- Tools: Webpack, Jest, Cypress
- Development Infrastructure: Git (Bitbucket), Jira, Concourse
We offer a competitive salary that includes base + company bonus + equity. Final salary will be based upon experience and geographic location.
Salary range: $85,000-$115,000
WHY #BECODE42: We win together as a team
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include; health, dental, vision, and wellness, 401k + employer match, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.