Technical Support Agent
In the race for ideas, we never want our customers to compromise the speed of innovation nor the safety of their data. Code42 provides protection from Insider Risk by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering an open and collaborative culture for employees. We are proud our insider threat solution has been honored with a number of national awards. This includes Globee, IT World, Black Unicorn and Stevie Awards, as well as Cyber Defense Magazine InfoSec Awards, Cybersecurity Excellence Awards and an Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Award.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and collaborative culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, think creatively and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42.
You are the interface between Code42 and the rest of the world, so you are instrumental in building good rapport with and being an advocate for the customer. You will be transforming confusion into comprehension... fear into fandom. Working as part of a highly focused team, you will be managing chat, email and phone calls in a high volume environment. You will be doing a lot of writing, too. Clear, step-by-step, instructions with tact and discretion. You will also be working to streamline internal processes while dealing with an ever-increasing workload as Code42's growth explodes.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Taking charge of internal processes and driving change
- Efficiently answering customer questions using Zendesk (our internal ticketing system)
- Finding problems and following them through to conclusion
- Facilitating customer communication, education and retention
- Managing a large number of disparate customer issues
- Helping coworkers when asked and taking the initiative to reach out to coworkers when you think you have something to contribute
- Directing and developing your own professional skill
- Provide general product information, configuration support, collection of relevant technical problem identification information, and filter non-technical problems from technical problems
- Staying on the cusp of the latest and greatest technologies, as well as staying current with changes in Code42 products and processes
WHAT YOU BRING:
How you got here isn't as important as what you know and how you share that knowledge, but you will need the following to succeed as a Technical Support Agent at Code42:
- Proven record of offering consistently superior levels of customer service
- The ability to make decisions on your own, and consult with team leaders as needed
- Fluent in at least 2 of the following: Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of networking and computer hardware
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- A warm personality, work well with co-workers, and are kind and patient with customers.
- An enthusiasm for learning
- The ability to think calmly and rationally during a crisis
- Ideally holds a 2-year degree or equivalent work experience
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for employment, if not currently employed by Code42
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development, personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, maternity/paternity leave, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in a commission or bonus plans and all receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.