Associate Software Engineer
Accelerators of innovation. Enablers of collaboration. Protectors of ideas.
Code42 speeds the time to detect and respond to Insider Risks by delivering a fast, simple path to data loss detection, investigation and response. With our product, Incydr™, security teams easily protect corporate data and reduce insider risk while fostering a collaborative and productive culture for employees. We’re here to support organizations made up of people that move fast and think big. The ones who work together to solve hard problems and relentlessly pursue better.
You belong at Code42 if you crave being a part of a transparent and team-first culture, you want to drive innovation, and security is always top of mind. We look for authentic people who are inquisitive, enjoy solving complex problems, and provide diverse insights to help us think differently and thrive together.
Interested? Head to code42.com/careers to learn more about why we’ve consistently been recognized for the quality of our product and the culture of our company.
Don’t wait. #BeCode42
*Preference given to those candidates who reside in the greater Minneapolis area.
As an entry-level position, the Associate Software Engineer is a beginning software developer at the start of their career. As an Associate Engineer you are not expected to be an expert in anything yet and your typical day is spent contributing to project deliverables with direct supervision, guidance, and review. You can expect to work with guidance, as assigned by your manager or more senior engineering staff, following existing practice and procedures.
WHAT YOU’LL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Assisting with designing and implementing code for assigned projects, both independently and with teammates.
- Writing unit and integration tests for your team's code.
- Assisting with testing, debugging, and troubleshooting across the technology stack.
- Documenting code and design, and reviewing code and design docs from others.
- Assist in story mapping and sizing sessions to define product features.
- Participating in team design discussions and code reviews, asking questions, contributing and accepting feedback.
- Actively learning and growing - you're not expected to be an expert in anything yet.
- Demoing progress on deliverables.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- Typically has a bachelor's degree and less than 2 years of professional experience, or can convincingly demonstrate this level of skill.
- Familiar with writing code for at least one of: Unix, Linux, Mac OS/X, Windows, iOS, Android.
- Is comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both offering and asking for help when it's needed.
- Clearly able to communicate technical ideas to peers in written and verbal form
- Has experience with some additional languages (any of the above list, as well as languages like python, TypeScript, Kotlin)
- Is familiar with relational databases
- Is familiar with testing frameworks such as junit, nunit, mocha, karm
A first-class onboarding experience which includes professional development and personal development all while learning and living our Code42 values. We provide comprehensive benefits that include health, dental, vision, wellness, 401k, parental leave, pet insurance, generous paid time off and volunteer opportunities. At Code42 everyone is an owner. We participate in commission or bonus plans and all employees receive stock options. We win together.
Code42 values workplace diversity and ensuring an environment of mutual respect. Employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regards to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, or any other category protected by law. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.