Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Technical Animator at Certain Affinity, you will get the chance to see some of the custom 3D tools and pipelines behind the world's biggest shooters and contribute to our proprietary technology. This role requires an energetic individual to take a hands-on approach to our pipeline management and tools creation for our studio art team. If you have a desire to create world-class characters and enjoy technical work, we'd like to hear from you.
- Collaborate with character artists, animators, and tools programmers to develop animation rigs and pipelines for characters, vehicles, and props
- Support the modeling and animation teams by advising on topology & deformation, maintaining rigs and pipelines, troubleshooting, and implementing desired functionality
- Implement and troubleshoot in-game assets
- Maximize aesthetic quality while respecting and enforcing project performance constraints
- Research and implement in-engine dynamic solutions such as hair, cloth, ragdolls, etc.
- Maintain and polish in-engine animation state machines
- Explore, document, promote and integrate cutting-edge processes and techniques to help keep studio animation quality competitive
- Seek ways to improve and streamline art pipelines, drive quality, and improve team efficiency
- 2 years' experience in rigging and skinning characters, creatures, vehicles and props
- Expert-level proficiency with Autodesk Maya
- Strong knowledge of Python scripting for extending content creation tools and automating tasks
- Strong understanding of scripted rigging and deformation
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 or any professional game engine
- Possess an approachable, customer-oriented demeanor
- Strong communication skills and desire to collaborate with art, design, and engineering
- Portfolio showing off your work
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Animation key-framing
- Experience with performance capture systems within Motionbuilder
- Knowledge of C++ or C#
- Experience writing Maya plug-ins