Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and has also, in 2019, opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our compelling new IP.
Certain Affinity seeks a world-class concept artist to join our visual development team. Our concept artists will create game worlds, characters, objects, vehicles, furniture, clothing, and anything you can imagine.
As a Concept Artist, you will create content inspiring your team.
- Produce a wide range of highly creative environment, character, creature, and vehicular concept art.
- Quickly generate loose sketches based on the high-level direction while taking select ideas to final renders.
- Clearly and concisely explain your thought process as it relates to visual problem-solving.
- Work with the Art Director to help to define the thematic and stylistic direction.
- Share techniques and collaborate with other conceptual artists in the creative process.
- Use visual design and ideation to solve complex graphical, fictional, and gameplay problems.
- Create visual languages for new projects and embrace and enhance established style guides for existing franchises.
- Create and evangelize amazing imagery to inspire the development team and fuel promotional efforts.
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Capable of consistently delivering quality assets under specific time constraints/deadlines.
- Fundamental illustration and rendering skills, including composition, perspective, form, color theory, use of detail, and surface texture
- Strong grasp of human anatomy and proportion, as well as architectural and engineered forms
- Seasoned drawing and conceptualization skills with a proven ability to adapt to established styles
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to communicate ideas quickly through iterative media like sketches and whiteboard diagrams, as well as having strong verbal and written communication skills
- A bias for visual development and game design challenges
- Open and collaborative, comfortable taking direction and critique
- Self-directed and organized with solid time management skills
- Portfolio showing off your work
- Excellent comprehension of how art enhances gameplay and the ability to articulate this to artists and team members
- Blender, 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, or similar 3d tools
- Graphic design, iconography, and layout skills
- Experience in FPS and/or 3rd person action-adventure game development
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done to offer employment or determine eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.