Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas and opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. Our Toronto studio will collaborate with our Austin location, and together we’ll be co-developing AAA FPS games and creating our own compelling new IP.
As a Material Artist at Certain Affinity, you will work in small teams to create highly detailed materials for characters, game environments, and world assets.
- Create physically-based Materials/Textures for use with props, environments, and characters
- Assist in material library creation and maintaining material pipelines
- Collaborate with other artists to build and integrate assets into a visually consistent and highly immersive world
- Match established art styles while helping improve the visual direction
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3d sculpted techniques.
- Portfolio demonstrating tiled textures and 0-1 UV mapped assets. Assets must show strong attention to detail focusing on believability and overall esthetic composition
- Solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions
- Strong foundation knowledge in traditional arts
- Experience creating 3D art for a game project or title
- Able to use 3d and/or procedural techniques to create high-quality materials within production timelines
- Strong knowledge in UE4
- Strong knowledge of Substance Designer
- Strong knowledge of Maya and/or another 3D software package
- Strong knowledge of Zbrush modeling
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced and appealing color palettes
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Experience leading other artists
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as an environment artist
- Experience using proprietary editors, software, and tools
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.