Senior Tools Engineer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchise in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We’re best known for co=developing numerous AAA FPS Games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We’re always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Senior Tools Engineer at Certain Affinity, you will take direction from the Lead Core Tech Engineer to implement tools, pipeline and process improvements. You should be a capable programmer who can make things happen, someone with the desire and talent to help build the foundation of our blockbuster games!
- Provide pipeline and tools support for content creators
- Implement tools and engine features to aid other developers
- Help evaluate and improve the development process
- 4+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience/knowledge in C/C++/C#
- Experience developing custom applications for internal use
- Familiar with core systems used by game features such as scripting, UI, rendering, animation, physics, and data pipelines
- Able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision
- Development experience in Unreal 4/5 or other AAA game engines
- Experience working with and creating tools for game content pipelines
- Experience with web technologies (HTML, Python, etc…)
- Experience designing user friendly UI
- Experience optimizing code
- Experience writing highly efficient algorithms
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.