Accounts Payable Specialist
Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent game developer in Austin, Texas, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be a recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
Certain Affinity is seeking a full-time, energetic, self-motivated Accounting Specialist. A successful candidate will be proactive, possess sound judgment, be impeccably reliable, well organized, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and have a strong work ethic and administrative or project-based background.
This position will cover a wide range of responsibilities to ensure the day-to-day smooth running of our studio’s finance and accounting department. Flexibility, accountability, excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and vendors are required. You must prioritize and communicate effectively with great attention to detail and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Full cycle of Accounts Payable: collect bills, connect with vendors, enter bills into the accounting system, and process ACH or Wire Payments
- Contractor Relationships: keep track of all current contractor relationships, review payment terms and conditions
- Expenses Accrual: work with Company departments to proactively track expenses incurred but not invoiced for the purposes of making monthly accrual entries
- Accounts Receivable: issue Customer Invoices upon request, be familiar with how to read the billing contract terms, submit invoices to the customer through various portals, track payments and update the internal payment tracker
- Cash receipts: daily and weekly recording of all bank transactions
- Texas Use Tax: review every transaction for the presence of Texas use tax, maintain monthly spreadsheet tracking and regular reporting
- Ontario HST Collection and Reporting: maintain monthly schedules for Toronto HST tracking, generate and review quarterly work papers, and reconcile them to the accounting system
- Credit Card Management: regularly review and research credit card transactions for account coding, use tax tracking, receipt collection, and transaction upload into the accounting system
- 2-4 years of accounting experience
- Analytical and practical problem-solving abilities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude with the ability to make sound decisions with minimal supervision
- High level of interpersonal skills and willingness to help others
- Ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Comfortable interacting with individuals of all professional levels
- Experienced with spreadsheets and accounting systems such as Quick Books or NetSuite
- Previous experience working in software development, games development, or other entertainment/creative industry-related role
- Experience in G-suite (Google, Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms, etc.)
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.