Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent developer in Austin, Texas, and we opened a second studio in Toronto, Canada last year. Our company culture reflects the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to our evolution, excellence, and work-life balance. We’re best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though we are also creating compelling new games of our own.
As a Character Artist at Certain Affinity, you’ll become part of a highly skilled team of character artists who are making assets for some of the biggest developers on the most prestigious titles in games. You’ll have the opportunity to work in a highly collaborative and creative team environment, interacting with disparate disciplines to achieve the common goal of a great player experience.Responsibilities
- Work with Senior Artists and Art Director to craft organic and hard surface character and prop models
- Collaborate with character and concept artists in designing and iterating on various aspects of characters and props
- 3+ years’ experience in the game industry, specifically modeling and texturing realistic characters and hard surface models including weapons, gear, and vehicles
- Experience using proprietary editors, software, and tools
- Strong foundational knowledge in traditional arts, including, but not limited to, figure drawing and illustration
- Excellent understanding of art pipelines and workflows
- Proficient knowledge of Photoshop, Z-Brush, Maya, and/or other 3D software packages
- Able to create current-gen as well as next-gen texture sets and materials
- Portfolio showing off your work
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Must be punctual, diligent, articulate, and organized
- Can improvise without a specific concept or design when required
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as a character artist
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with the written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done for the purposes of offering employment or determining eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates.