Senior Technical Sound Designer
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? What about working on our new original IP? Certain Affinity is the largest independent developer in Texas, based out of Austin, and we have a growing presence in Toronto, Canada. Our culture reflects the values and the vibrant nature of the cities we call home. This includes a commitment to evolution, diversity, excellence, and work-life balance. We are also excited to be the latest recipient of the Canadian Studio of the Year award. We're best known for co-developing numerous AAA FPS games, though now we are creating compelling new games of our own. We're always on the lookout for amazing talent to join our team.
As a Senior Technical Sound Designer at Certain Affinity, you will work with sound designers, engineers and various other disciplines to design, implement, maintain and support audio systems for our games. You will be the bridge between our team's creative ambitions and technical execution.
- Design, script and support complex audio systems across various engines and audio toolsets
- Collaborate with engineering as necessary to implement code-level audio solutions
- Help define, apply and document best practices for audio workflow and system design
- Troubleshoot and debug audio systems and tools, and provide technical support for sound designers
- Collaborate with other disciplines to ensure audio systems are well incorporated into all relevant aspects of the project's development
- Design and implement high quality sounds that fit the vision of our projects
Requirements & Skills
- Experience with Audiokinetic Wwise and Unreal Engine
- Experience with various Unreal pipelines: Blueprint, Niagara, animation, materials, etc.
- Experience debugging audio and gameplay systems
- Experience with 3D audio technologies and workflows
- Strong understanding of interactive audio system design, implementation and mixing
- Shipped titles in a sound designer/technical sound designer role
- Power user of your chosen DAW and sound design tools
- Can demonstrate previous work in a high quality portfolio
- A desire to work in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Scripting experience in Python, Lua or similar
- Experience with Reaper scripting and extensions
- C++ programming experience
Certain Affinity or its partners or affiliates run background checks on candidates or employees with written authorization from the candidates or employees. These may be done to offer employment or determine eligibility to work on a specific project. Multiple searches may be required.
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.