Would you like to work in a highly creative, fast-paced environment? Do you take pride in being “that person,” the one that is always a step ahead, reliably taking care of the big and small details, so things run smoothly? Certain Affinity is looking for a unique individual to be “that person” for our top two Executives: our President & COO, and our CEO.
Certain Affinity brings an exceptionally talented group together to form the largest independent game developer in Austin, Texas, with a second, growing studio in Toronto, Canada and full-time remote employees in numerous states and provinces. Our company culture reflects the diverse and vibrant nature of the cities we call home. We are seeking a versatile, highly-driven self-starter to join us.
The ideal candidate is highly agile and impeccably organized, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management, key internal stakeholders, and external partners.
The perfect candidate is trustworthy, collaborative, fearless, relentlessly resourceful, calm under pressure, and a strategic multi-tasker with a deep love of supporting an executive leader and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
This is a full-time in-person position in Austin, TX, with the opportunity to work from home periodically, depending on the Executive’s needs for the day/week.
- Build and maintain strong and “high-trust” working relationships with our President & COO, and with our CEO.
- Draft, review, and send communications on behalf of company executives.
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure that the Executive’s priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
- Gain a clear understanding of the Executive's priorities, work style, needs, sensitivities, and challenges. Proactively help Executives manage and prioritize time effectively, meet deadlines, avoid low-priority distractions, and stay on top of key company initiatives.
- Assist in project-related work and activities as needed.
- Act as a proxy in meetings, as requested, to provide feedback, summaries, and recaps when executives cannot attend.
- Ensure prompt follow-up with emails and tasks.
- Act as a primary point of contact between the Executives and internal/external stakeholders when requested.
- Manage senior Executive’s travel and event logistics and activities, including accommodations, air and ground transportation, meals, meeting scheduling and coordination, and agenda setting.
- Maintain and protect the Executive’s professional and personal calendars thoughtfully and purposefully, ensuring meetings contain the appropriate time allocations, attendees and agenda items.
- Facilitate and schedule regular meetings between Executives and their direct reports, as needed.
- Coordinate logistical support for onsite and offsite executive team meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and meeting notes/recaps.
- Maintain and keep the Executive’s distribution lists up-to-date.
- Prepare information and research for Executive needs, as requested.
- Must be able to work fulltime, onsite in Austin, TX
- 5+ years of executive administrative experience working with C-Suite leaders.
- Previous experience working in the games, entertainment, or high-tech industry in a similar role.
- High level of interpersonal communication skills, self-motivated, uber-dependable, and self-directed.
- Strong planning, organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through.
- Extremely resourceful with good judgment in resolving issues.
- Proven ability to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive material with tact and professionalism.
- Computer-savvy with a solid technical foundation; proficient with various software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Slack, Gmail, and Google business suite (Docs, Sheets, etc.).
- A desire to work in a diverse and highly inclusive environment.
- 4-year university degree
- PowerPoint guru
- Samples of written business communication
Certain Affinity is authorized to do business in many, but not all, of the states in the US and the Canadian provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Certain Affinity is registered, you may not be eligible for employment as a fully remote employee. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where we are registered.